- Hillwood Primary School serves children living in the vicinity of Newbridge and Ratho Station.
- Ratho Primary School serves children living in the vicinity of Ratho. There is an active Parent Association (Ratho School Voice), with representation on the Community Council.
- Balerno Community High School serves children living in the southern part of the community council area.
- Craigmount High School currently serves children living in the northern part of the community council area.
- St Andrews Fox Covert RC Primary School is the denominational school serving primary Roman Catholic children.
- St Augustine’s RC High School serves secondary-aged Roman Catholic pupils.
Update January 2018: The City of Edinburgh Council is currently examining, and consulting on, the provision of secondary education in West Edinburgh. A new secondary school will be built to serve pupils in North West Edinburgh, including Ratho Station, Newbridge and Kirkliston at a site yet to be determined.
All our Primary Schools have Nursery Classes (Early Years Provision). A new library/under 5s centre is currently planned for the site in School Wynd formerly occupied by the library.