- Hillwood Primary School serves children living in the vicinity of Newbridge and Ratho Station.
- Ratho Primary School serves children living in the vicinity of Ratho. There is an active Parent Association (Ratho School Voice), with representation on the Community Council.
- Balerno Community High School serves children living in the southern part of the community council area.
- Craigmount High School currently serves children living in the northern part of the community council area.
- St Andrews Fox Covert RC Primary School is the denominational school serving primary Roman Catholic children.
- St Augustine’s RC High School serves secondary-aged Roman Catholic pupils.
Update January 2018: The City of Edinburgh Council is currently examining, and consulting on, the provision of secondary education in West Edinburgh. A new secondary school will be built to serve pupils in North West Edinburgh, including Ratho Station, Newbridge and Kirkliston at a site yet to be determined, with Kirkliston the likely favourite of the City Council. It has been proposed that Ratho village pupils attend the new school but this has met significant opposition from parents.
All our Primary Schools have Nursery Classes (Early Years Provision). A new library/under 5s centre is currently being erected on the site in School Wynd formerly occupied by the library. This facility will be attached to the new library building.